Stekkedoos makes websites and internet applications.
We also provide support for web administrators.
Free Joomla Manual
Do you want to create a website with a Joomla manual? If you want to create your own Joomla website, a manual will come in handy. There are a lot of tutorials circulating on the internet to create a Joomla website. This article only includes tutorials for web designers who want to start with Joomla 3 or 4.
What should you pay attention to when consulting a manual?
- Is the manual written for the latest version ? With a manual for Joomla 2.5 you are nothing. If you want to create a new Joomla website, always use the latest version. Currently this is Joomla 4 . With version 3 you can also start a website, but soon you will have to update to Joomla 4 . So better start with Joomla 4 and save yourself a lot of extra work.
- There is also evolution within a certain Joomla version. For example, Joomla 3 has been on the air since 2012. Meanwhile, we are working on version Joomla 3.10.11 (August 2022). Over the years, many features have been added (and some have disappeared). When you consult a manual , look carefully at the date of publication .
Online Joomla Tutorials
Joomla! Docs, the official manual of Joomla
Joomla! Docs is the official documentation website of Joomla! and has a very extensive manual in a lot of languages . The documentation portal can be found at https://docs.joomla.org/Main_Page. Most of the pages are written for Joomla version 3 . The update of the articles to Joomla 4 is in full swing.
Most of the information on Joomla!Docs is divided into three topics:
- More general information about Joomla! , an introduction to Joomla
- Information for Beginners , the Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla
- Information for administrators , if you want to create a Joomla website you are automatically an administrator (Super admin). This section provides a lot of practical information about managing articles, users, menus, templates, extensions, security and performance
In addition, there are some useful sequences:
- The FAQ pages: https://docs.joomla.org/Category:FAQ
- Tips and tricks pages: https://docs.joomla.org/Category:Tips_and_tricks
- Tutorials for beginners: https://docs.joomla.org/Tutorials:Beginners
For Joomla 4
Other online Joomla Tutorials
- WebsiteSetup: Joomla Website Tutorial, Building a Website Using Joomla, Step-By-Step (Joomla versie 3)
- Hostinger Tutorials: Joomla Tutorial for Beginners (Joomla 3.9)
Joomla! Explained, Your Step-by-Step Guide (Google Books)
The most comprehensive and free basic guide to Joomla 3 can be found on Google Books. Joomla! Explained, Your Step-by-Step Guide by Stephen Burke and published by Addison-Wesley, is the reference for the novice Joomler. Not all images are included on the Google Books version.
Joomla! 3.x Made Easy Manual Download (PDF)
There are also several manuals available on the internet that you can download for free .
The PDFs below are all about Joomla version 3.
Joomla! 3.x Made Easy from the team of Joomlashine templates, in English.
You can download after registration, but there is also a direct link.
A 146 page manual. It all looks a bit messy. But you can still find a lot of info in this manual: getting to know Joomla, installation, adding content, adjusting the view with a template, arranging modules, extending your site with extensions, managing your site with JSN PowerAdmin.